Fashion Design Schools: Choosing The BEST Among The RestDo you know how to sew?
Do you enjoy creating designs?
Do you love following or changing patterns to come up with a piece of clothing?
If fashion is simply just your passion, then you might just be right for a fashion design school.
Here are some reasons why you should attend a fashion design school:
• You will learn about the most up-to-date styles that many people would consider buying.
• If you are unsure whether you will be able to make a living out of your interest in fashion, your level of confidence will greatly increase once you obtained a degree.
• Studying about and later working on, a field that you love is very rewarding.
• You will learn about the various principles behind the patterns you have worked on in the past, as well as the ones you will be working on in the future.
• You will also be knowledgeable on mixing and matching colors to magnify the shape and cut of your creations.
• You will know more about keeping your clothes together - other than just stitching! Talk about endless possibilities.
• Fashion design school will expose you to different kinds of people – working with them, incorporating their ideas with your own, and developing relationships with those who share the same feeling toward fashion.
• These relationships will set the foundation for meeting potential employees, employers, or business partners – all whom you will need when you start your foray into the fashion world.
There are numerous fashion design schools globally. Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, found in London, is considered by some as the most famous of them all. Other world-renowned schools are The Royal College of Arts in London, the London College of Fashion, Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, AIU in Los Angeles, and Parsons The New School for Design in New York City.
Most courses in the schools mentioned above last for about three years.
The next question, however, will be, how do you choose the best school for you?
Here are 10 helpful tips to help you in your decision making:
Tip#1 – Determine what you would like to major in. From there, search for a school that offers the program that you like.
Tip#2 – Have a list of criteria that you would like to take a look into in your search for the perfect fashion design school. These criteria may include program offering, major and minor subjects, costs, location, placement record, and many more.
Tip#3 – You may now construct a list of candidate fashion design schools.
Tip#4 – Gather all necessary resources and information about each of your candidate school. Find their websites and research.
Tip#5 – Narrow down your list further by using the criteria you have set in Tip#2.
Tip#6 – Inspect the schools left on your list. It would be good if you can visit these schools personally. But if not, try to obtain a video or look for a virtual tour in their websites.
Tip#7 – File your application to the schools that met your criteria.
Tip#8 – While waiting to hear from the schools you sent your application to, search for scholarship grants in the Internet.
Tip#9 – Make your final decision based on the responses you got from the schools that you applied to, as well as the scholarship grantors' response. Carefully review your notes, consider funding, and finally, decide.
Tip#10 – Get ready to embark on a journey that you have never quite experienced before!
Off you go to the one of the best fashion design schools in the world!